Saturday, July 20, 2013

Troubling Factors

                     During my 1st pregnancy I had gained a total of 37 pounds. I seemed to have got back in shape without any effort at all. But even if I had gained only 22 lbs during my 2nd pregnancy, I feel so very out of shape. I seem to have put on weight in all the wrong places. I have started to hate myself.
                    
                      The first time around I was all alone and I guess that is the reason I got back into shape pretty fast. But now my in-laws have come and they have been here for 4.5 months. My workload has reduced and most importantly the food intake has completely changed. It's mostly carbohydrates now. For the past couple of months I have been telling myself that things will change after they leave. There is 2 more weeks for them to leave but I find myself getting more and more conscious as each day passes and I have started hating myself. It's reaching a point where I am finding it difficult to look at myself in the mirror.
                     
                      Today, I have repeated the same mantra to myself - '2 more weeks and things will change'. But time seems to have frozen. The same does not apply to the way I think about myself though.

                     Another thing that I am afraid of is that I will not have the will power to actually workout after they leave. I have used them being here as an excuse for so long that I am afraid that I have been using the excuse as the easy way out.

                   I have also realized that my weight is not my primary concern It's the fact that my flexibility and stamina are almost down to zero that worries me the most.

                 

                   


                   

No comments:

Post a Comment